8th june 2016
Highs & Lows is an evening of performances in OT301, Amsterdam. The night, produced and curated by 4bid, focuses on movement research in contemporary dance and live art.The idea behind H&L is to give contemporary dance, performance and live art a platform to show work that is experimental, daring, unfunded, collaborative, result of research or work in progress.
Curated by Irina Baldini
Guest Artists & Performance :
1. Marisa Grande & Co – “I am the river”
2. Colectivo Lobo Sem Sono – “Lonely”
3. Livia Marques – “Definições Múltiplas”
- “I am the river” by Marisa Grande & Co. is the third phase of the DreamBody project realized by the international dance group InMotion Dance Traces based in Wageningen, under the artistic direction of Marisa Grande. The DreamBody project focuses on the investigation of the relationship between landscape, storytelling and dance-making. I am the river integrates and develops material, which have been gathered in the previous two phases of this project, for a stage creation. The first phase of the project “Gathering on the Rhine” we had Interviews with local community about their relationship with the river which have been used as material to inform the dance and as an element of composition for the final site specific presentation
“Lonely” by Colectivo Lobo Sem Sono is fulfilled with two figures that surround and patrol each other, around of a possible support and a catastrophic fall. They hug each other over the fear of an ending. They built small dances towards a world oblivion. They devise rituals that they never claim, evoke or celebrate whatever that is. They fight for waiver and for failure: the failure of a barely free body, the liberty of creation.
- “Definições Múltiplas” by Livia Marques is a babel of ideas, languages, thoughts, live-recordings inside contemporary dance world. A research about embodiment generated from polyglot and ambivalent dialogues. Naturally open, never comprehensive, always in constant metamorphosis.